Friday, January 23, 2009

Messy Wax Build-up!

I have been rearranging office furniture as part of my settling in process. I decided to move the massive office desk closer to another wall, only to discover it did not want to move. Yes, it is heavy, but mostly the desk was stuck, embedded in floor wax build-up that almost glued it in place. I shoved and shoved, and finally the desk broke free. But after it was moved, I discovered a perfect outline of the desk still on the floor. After my diligent razor blade work removed much of the ancient wax, I left the balance to the office clean-up crew. And then I covered up what they left with a rug.
I have to admit, my pastor mind wondered how many things in my life are like that stuck desk. I have important things in place that get stuck because they have not been moved around, thought about, or reevaluated. I may not get rid of the desk, but I dare not just leave it in place because it has been that way so long. Here early in the new year it is a good time to reevaluate where things are in my life and perhaps shove them around a bit for fresher, renewed use.

No comments:

Post a Comment