Friday, July 15, 2011

Harry Potter -- I Have to Say Something

I was there opening day (but not at the midnight show!) to see the Harry Potter series conclude. Impressively dark, brooding, almost despairing, but resolved to fight. One wonders if this had to be a British-born series -- not the attempt at pluckiness or a twinge of sunlight that an American author may have included.
Some religious folks object to the wizards and witchcraft aspects; those are not my concerns here.

It does strike me as overwhelmingly appropriate that a snake / serpent was the animal representation of evil -- sounds like from the beginning (Genesis) biblical imagery!
Appropriately resolved. I wish the epilogue would have been clearer, as the book seemed to provide.
Now, what are all those stars going to do next???

No comments:

Post a Comment