Thursday, March 5, 2009

Gotcha! Right between the eyes.



Ash Wednesday continues to flood through the Lenten Season. I shared a bit of my Ash Wednesday meditation when our area pastors convened on Tuesday. I latched on to that old-time shoot 'em term for real death -- "I got them right between the eyes." That is exactly where God gets us on Ash Wednesday and throughout Lent! That sign of the cross (right between the eyes!) which we might celebrate at a new Christian's Baptism is the same cross that marks our death -- the cross that is marked on the coffin as it is prepared for burial. That cross is both for life and death and ........ new life! So, I will embrace my cross for Lent and pray the Lord who marked me with the cross will embrace me for that new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment